Is the Robinair AC1234-6 right for you and your shop?
Robinair has introduced their latest recovery, recycling, and recharging machine to the public. Have you had time to research it or are you just starting to look into whether or not it is something you need in your shop? Here are the ins and outs of the AC1234-6.
The Robinair AC1234-6 is the only product available today that fully meets SAE’s requirement for recovering, recycling and recharging vehicle A/C systems that use the new R1234YF refrigerant.
• The Robinair AC1234-6 is a fully automatic ACS machine that comes with an integrated refrigerant identifier that samples the refrigerant in the vehicle’s A/C system prior to recovery, is a highly accurate and reliable machine, and can service both standard and hybrid vehicle A/C systems.
• Services both standard and hybrid vehicle A/C systems.
• Fully automatic operation — program for service, walk away and return when complete.
• 95% recovery efficiency
• Programmable vacuum operation helps get to the necessary vacuum level in any condition quickly.
• System leak test to identify gross leaks in a system.
• Charge accuracy within +/- ½ oz.
• Automatic oil drain shows how much oil was removed from the system during service.
• Automatic air purge removes the potential of air accumulating in the internal tank.
• Integrated refrigerant identifier (meets SAE J2927)
• Liquid refrigerant flushing function can flush A/C systems or individual components using liquid refrigerant instead of harsh chemicals.
• Automatic internal tank refill. No stopping to fill the internal tank during service, or before service.
• 1/4 Color VGA display. Large easy to read graphical display
• On-board printer capable of printing vehicle service report slips to present to customers.
• Operating voltage – 103-127V, 60Hz AC
• 100mm, EN837-1 pressure gauges
• Alpha-numeric keypad with service function keys
• 1.5 cfm dual stage vacuum pump1/3 hp hermetic compressor
• 22 lb. ASME internal storage tank
• USB, SD, and RJ45 I/O ports
• 8 ft. SAE J2888 service hoses with 1234YF high and low side system couplers
• Meets all requirements of SAE J2843
Have you taken the plunge and purchased one of the Robinair AC1234-6 units? We’d love to hear your feedback about it to pass on to other mechanics that may be on the fence about whether to purchase one. Email us and let us know!