We have dealerships call daily asking for a list of tools they need to get started. We never really thought much about being dealership specific but it has been a request we’ve received over and over again. We’ve put together a list of tools that seem to be the most popular with the new dealerships in all areas of the U.S.
1. Jump Starters – These are a must have for all dealerships, big or small. You don’t want a potential customer to not be able to start their “dream” car when they are ready for a test drive. Here are a few of the best selling jump starters on the market today.
• For California CEC-compliant equivalent product, please order KKC-660C
• The JNC660 delivers 1700 Peak Amps and 425 Cranking Amps of starting power and weighs just 18 lbs.
• Perfect for a variety of professional starting environments, including automotive service, fleet service, auto dealerships, auto auctions, marinas, implement dealerships and more.
• Give it a try and you’ll see why it’s the choice of Pros the world around.
• 1700 Peak Amps
• 425 Cranking Amps
• Clore PROFORMER battery technology
• 46″ #2 AWG welding cable leads
• Industrial-grade clamps
• Built-in charger
• Automatic charging
• Voltmeter provides charge status of onboard battery
• 12VDC outlet to power accessories
• 1 year limited warranty
• 1700 Peak Amps of Jump-Starting Power
• Features a built-in charger with automatic charging.
• Extra-long 68″ heavy-gauge cables.
• Battery Capacity: 22 Amp Hour
• Cranking Amps: 425
• Cold Cranking Amps: 325
• 22-Ah Professional-Grade, High-Output AGM Battery—especially formulated to jump start vehicles.
• Non-spillable; stores in any position.
• 4-Gauge, 50-inch Cables.
• Heavy-duty clamps have replaceable, copper jaws—fit both top and side-post batteries.
• ON/OFF Switch
• 3-Amp Built-in, Automatic Charger
• Reverse Hook-Up Alarm
• Two-Function Digital Display
• 12-Volt DC Power Outlet
• Durable, Rust & Corrosion Proof, Polypropylene Case with Unique Clamp Storage
• Vented case for added safety
• Unique, High-Impact Rubber Base—for case protection.
2. Jacks & Lifting Equipment – Any dealership needs a good sturdy jack and jack stands for those times when you need to get a car fixed up and back on the lot. Here are a few of the jacks/jack stands that our customers are currently raving about.
• Low Height: 3 3/4”, High Height: 20”
• Chassis Length: 26 3/4”
• Removable one piece handle
• Sealed pump, reduces risk of damage
• 2 Year Warranty
• Weight 90 lbs.
• 12 Strokes or less to high height under load
• Dual piston power unit for rapid lifting
• Dual return springs
• Safety overload system prevents use beyond rated capacity
• Heavy gauge flanged steel frame
• Heavy duty black swivel caster
• 2-1/4″” wide track front wheels
• Round 1″” thick cast steel saddle
• Capacity (Tons): 3.5 tons
• Low Height: 4″”
• Raised Height: 19. 25″”
• Length: 29″”
• Chassis Width: 14.5″”
• Handle Length: 50.5″”
• Saddle Diameter: 5.3″”
• FREE 6-Ton Jack Stands (Pair) (SUU-1006)
• A built-in safety overload prevents using the jack beyond its rated capacity.
• A convenient foot pedal speeds the lifting operation, handle lock and release control are located on top of the 40” spring-loaded handle. Handle can be locked into any position from vertical to horizontal.
• Lifting range: 6” to 22”, reach: 47”
• Frame height: 7-3/4”
• Floor space: 56” x 14-3/4”
3. Detailing items being another of the main items our dealership customers purchase. It’s much cheaper to hire a student to work for you part time cleaning cars as they come in the dealership than it is to have a full time person or take it to a detail shop. Having the right detailing items on hand is a must to keep your cars sparkling. Here are some of the items we sell to dealerships across the country.
• 2 ea. DA Microfiber Cutting Discs
• 2 ea. DA Microfiber Finishing Discs
• Backing Plate
• DA Microfiber Correction Compound – 16oz.
• DA Microfiber Finishing Wax – 16oz.
• Free Meguiar’s Black Apron
• Free WIZARDS® cap
• Mist-N-Shine™ professional detailer
• Vinyl Shine™ tire dressing & protectant
• Vinyl Shine™ applicator pad
• Power Clean™ all purpose cleaner
• Shine Master™ polish & breathable sealant
• WIZARDS® Wash super concentrate
• WIZARDS® Multi-Fiber™ Cloth
• Assortment of best sellers for detailing
• Full size products with cap promotion
• Great gift pack for the enthusiast
• Low risk, dual-action, rotation and orbit pattern produces far superior results than mere hand application
• New upgraded v2 with cruise control
• Internal feedback circuit increases torque when downward pressure is applied
•1800 opm 6800 opm, the most versatile speed range in its class
• Easy side-port access for quick brush changes
• New rubber cord
• Convenient Meguiar’s canvas bag
• Includes W68DA Soft Buff 2.0 DA backing plate
So, those are the top dealership “tools” that we currently sell. I know there are more tools that a dealership will need and I will cover that next time. We haven’t talked about scan tools, window markers, impact wrenches….oh the list goes on and on.
Until next time, let me know what your take on these items are and don’t forget to sign up to receive our monthly emails with great specials!